HOW TO QUALIFY AND OBTAIN A LICENCE
This section will provide you with information on how to qualify (education and experience) and apply for various licence types (including corporations and partnerships) and levels including forms,
instructions and fee information.
- If you are applying for your first licence
read this important information JUST FOR FIRST TIME APPLICANTS.
- If you are applying for a first time licence, or have
been out of the industry for sometime, you may also have to submit a
CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK with your application. Review that section of this site carefully.
- If you are a non-resident of British Columbia, you must meet the same requirements as a resident, with some exceptions and additions. Read this
NON-RESIDENTS Information Page.
- If you have or intend to hold other business activities, other than those authorized under the licence you are applying for, you must read this page on CONFLICT OF INTEREST / OTHER BUSINESS ACTIVITIES carefully before applying for a licence.
- Read this page if you are considering making an EQUIVALENCY REQUEST.
Click on the class of licence you wish to apply for on the list below:
1. LIFE AND ACCIDENT & SICKNESS INSURANCE;
2. GENERAL INSURANCE;
3. INSURANCE ADJUSTING;
4. ACCIDENT & SICKNESS;
5. TRAVEL INSURANCE AGENCIES.
NOTE: If you are looking for information on annual filings, amending the name on your licence
or updating your information with Council, look under UPDATE / CHANGE INFORMATION.